Madison, WI - Open and honest dialogue is critical as tensions mount regarding the verdict in the Trayvon Martin case. The Urban League of Greater Madison is inviting the public to attend a forum where community leaders will address the verdict from a legal perspective. The forum will be held on Tuesday July 23, 2013 from 5:00 to 7:30 pm at the Urban League Greater Madison, 2222 S. Park Street.
The panel will also discuss the importance of community organizing to strengthen the voice and participation of communities of color in primary and midterm elections at the national, state, and local levels. This discussion will be followed by Q&A from the audience.
Panelists will include:
- Dr. Gloria Ladson-Billings, Professor, UW-Madison
- Kaleem Caire, President & CEO, Urban League of Greater Madison
- Everett Mitchell, Senior Pastor, Christ the Solid Rock Baptist Church & (Former) Assistant District Attorney
- Dr. Floyd Rose, President, 100 Black Men of Madison
- Stan Woodard, J.D., University of Wisconsin-Madison
Topics to be addressed by the panel include:
- Stand your ground laws
- Castle Doctrine
- Community Organizing
- Voting Rights
Space will be limited, those planning to attend should RSVP to Latrice White, at 608.729.1200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.